Flu Clinics will commence early September and you will receive notification when appointments are available to book.
It is vital that you DO NOT attend for vaccination if you or a member of your household currently has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are self-isolating due to contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those who are most at risk of contracting influenza.
- Child aged 2-10 years old*
- Pregnant women
- Anyone who suffers from a long term medical condition
- Everyone aged 65 years and over
- People who act as carers or work in health and social care
- Close contacts of immune-compromised individuals
- Those in long stay residential care homes.
Non-urgent advice: Please note
The attending adult needs to wear a mask
1. Please arrive at the time of your appointment and not earlier
2. Please us sanitising station on arrival
3. Please come prepared e.g. easily removable clothing
4. One way entry/exit system – you will be advised by a Flu Marshal
5. Please observe social distancing rules.
If there is someone you relay on as your carer, please ask them to contact their own surgery as they may be eligible for a free flu vaccination too. Thank you.
Patients who are eligible for the Pneumonia and Shingles Vaccinations can also book at the same time. Please speak to our Reception Staff who will arrange an appointment at the same time.
For more information, please visit www.nhs.uk/flujab
Pre-school children aged 2-3 years will be vaccinated at their general practice. Children aged 4-10 years will normally be vaccinated at school.